|Installing the indexing program from the website|
Note: The instructions below are for Windows computers, but other operating systems use the general principles described here.
To install the FamilySearch indexing program from the Internet site:
1. Open a web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox).
2. In the address bar, type: indexing.familysearch.org
3. Press Enter on the keyboard, or click the green arrow to the right of the address bar.
4. Click Get Started.
5. Click Download Now. Complete the download as directed.
6. Click Save in the pop-up window that appears. If prompted to place the file in a specific folder, select any folder, or the file might go to a default download folder. We recommend that the file be saved to the desktop.
7. Double-click indexing_windows_3_7_5.exe (the numbers change based on the version number) from the desktop or the folder the file was saved to, as shown below. The installation process then begins. If the icon disappears before you can click it, you may have security software that is removing it (i.e. Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky. . .). Disable the active or live scanner and download again.
The version of the executable file might not be the most current version of indexing available. Once installed, the program automatically updates to the latest version.
8. If a security warning saying that the publisher could not be verified appears, click Run as shown below. Depending on which version of Windows is installing the program, other security warnings might appear. Click all options to allow the installation.
9. Next, the beginning of the Setup Wizard appears.
10. The Indexing Setup Wizard window then appears; click Next.
11. The Indexing setup progress window appears.
12. A window indicating that the setup wizard is near completion appears. Click Finish, and the indexing program automatically starts.
13. The Indexing Sign In window appears. The FamilySearch indexing program is now installed on the computer.
Refer to 8435a_en for the system requirements for installing the indexing program.
Note: If you receive an internal error during the installation of Indexing, download a new copy of the Indexing installer and try using that instead.
Did this document help you to solve your problem?