There are two parts of this process:
1. Check the computer and phone to make sure it meets the basic requirements to serve.
2. Make sure the computer can function with our systems.
Computer, Phone and Internet Requirements: (Functionality)
Have a hands-free phone. Land line telephone, VOIP phone, Skype phone or cell phone. (Currently Magic Jack and Google Voice have not worked well with our phone system. No speakerphone.) "Noise Cancelling" headsets are recommended.
Be able to run the Windows (XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)), Mac or Linux operating system on your computer. Note: Chromebooks do not have a Skype feature yet, but a Chromebook could be used with a smart phone that has Skype.
1.25 Mbps minimum Internet connection download speed (to check your speed click Here (link to speedtest.net). Please record your ping speed, download and upload speed results.)
Latest browser versions installed of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
Pentium 4 2.0 GHz processor for Windows XP or Pentium 4 3.0 GHz processor (or multi-core processor) for newer operating systems.
1GB RAM for Windows XP, or 2GB RAM for Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
Screen resolution 1024x768
20GB free hard drive space
At this point use your judgment as to whether the computer is working well enough to serve. If the specs are fine but you see there are computer issues, then please have the machine serviced at a local computer store. The computer should then be re-tested.
System Check (Prepare the computer for service)
1. Copy & Test the Power Agent (Adobe AIR) on Windows machines
2. Test Salesforce Login and system view
3. Test inContact Login and system view
4. Test the current meeting software (MeetingPlace, Adobe, WebEx)
5. Make sure Skype is installed and working