Document ID: 104365Print this document
Membership record of a deceased person is not showing in Family Tree or the new FamilySearch
Symptoms (Problems)
  • How to report the death date of a Church member when the Church membership record is NOT found in Family Tree or the new FamilySearch.

  • How to report the death of an inactive family member, friend, or individual on a membership record so that the person's information can be seen on Family Tree.

  • A member has been deceased for over a year, but his or her name still doesn't appear in Family Tree.

  • Question about "hidden membership record," "invisible membership record," or "missing membership record."

Answer (Resolution)

Do one of the following steps:

  • If possible, the deceased member's ward clerk should submit the death information.
  • If you have proof of death, please send the following information to

    • The deceased member's full name.

    • Birth date and birthplace.

    • Death date and death place.

    • Full names of parents and spouse (or spouses).

    • Supporting documentation for the death date. Acceptable forms of proof include: death certificate, obituary, funeral program, or official death index. A copy of one of these must be scanned in and added to the case as an attachment.

    • Your Family Tree Helper Information (your Contact Name and your Helper Access Number). See document 114898 to find your Helper Access Number.

Did this document help you to solve your problem?